The success track is what I call: A-O-R-V. What does this stand for?
- A is for Attitude: Whatever you try next year, if you don’t do it with the right attitude, it will not work, guaranteed.
- O is for Opportunity: If you close your eyes or keep a narrow focus, you will never see opportunities. If you open your eyes wide—you will see the opportunities that you are missing.
- R is for Relationship: This is a relationship business. If you don’t develop the relationships required, you will never be able to deliver the last component.
- V is for Value: The key is to add value to the relationships you develop so that they will continue to grow.
A is for attitude. I don’t believe that anyone would argue that attitude is not an important part of success. But we must go deeper to understand the connection between attitude and success:
- First, you must accept that your success is completely dependent upon you and you alone. It is not affected by the market, the competition, or any other factors. You must spend your energy and time in the areas you can control such as your effort, your focus and your everyday attitude.
- Second, you must understand that attitude affects more than just your demeanor. It affects how you approach your job. For example, are you really in business to help others achieve their goals, or only focusing upon your own interests? When you truly give without question is when you will reap the greatest degree of benefits in the long run.
- Third, you must go the extra mile in your efforts. Are you thanking everyone after a transaction and getting honest feedback? Or are you moving on to the next one?